Scope of Position:
This is a regular full-time position. Employee will operate a Semi-Truck that is part of a private and for-hire fleet designated to haul primarily Kendall-Jackson freight and/or bulk wine.
- Responsible for hauling Kendall-Jackson freight and/or bulk wine to a variety of locations in California during both day and night shifts.
- Operate and maintain equipment to a high standard.
- Responsible to load and unload their own truck, when necessary using pallet jack, forklift, dock ramps, dolly or electric pallet jack. Daily
- Sanitation of tanker trailer using pumps, hoses, ladders, chemicals, hot and cold water and protective equipment. Daily
- Ability to follow all Department of Transportation guidelines and be compliant at all times. Requires 100 to 500 miles per day. Position is on Intrastate Highways and subject to heavy traffic.
- Fill out paperwork and complete all DOT required paperwork daily
- Inspect truck at beginning and end of shift.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualified candidates must possess a valid California class A drivers’ license, with a valid Medical card, tank and doubles endorsements and a clean DMV printout. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience driving a class A vehicle and must be forklift certified. Must be available to work flexible hours and overtime, when necessary and be able to lift 50 lbs. The individual in this position must be able to work as a team member, as well as individually.