The Wine Club Coordinator position will assist the DTC Marketing Manager in driving the growth of the wine club, direct and e-commerce business for Matanzas Creek Winery. This position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in a consistent, timely and professional manner with all customers and timely resolution of customer issues. Primary responsibility is to build relationships with our wine club members and generate wine sales opportunities. In addition, this individual will assist the DTC Marketing Manager to execute all wine club shipments from order to fulfillment and develop programs to build wine club loyalty and minimize attrition.
- Responds to all inbound consumer phone calls and emails with the highest level of customer service.
- Maintains standard operating procedures on all consumer inquiries to insure consistent, timely and quality service.
- Works with consumers to resolve issues including: general business inquires, consumer complaints, wine purchases, address corrections, inventory returns, replacement orders and refunds.
- Maintain consumer database including: customer updates, data entry of new customer information and database clean-up.
- Supports the execution of tri-annual wine club shipments.
- Manages retail and wine club inventory at third party warehouse. Initiates weekly transfers.
- Maintain returned wine log and inventory management of returned wine.
- Assists in developing various marketing materials, including tri-annual shipment inserts, email blasts, wine club correspondence, wine club forms, event listings, and wine club newsletter.
- Manages open orders reports and works with third party vendors and DTC Operations and Tasting Room to resolve.
- Manages content of website, including updating wines and event info.
- Assists with planning and execution of DTC events geared at Wine Club members.
- Effectively sells wine and memberships at consumer events and the tasting room.
- Ensure legal compliance regulations are followed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse client group.
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. eWinery and JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Two years’ experience in an office environment; wine industry experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to utilize a computer, including entering data for long spans of time.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings on occasion.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.