The Wine Club Coordinator position will assist the DTC Marketing Manager and the Estate Tasting Room Manger in driving the growth of the wine club for La Crema. This position is a member of the DTC Wine Club and Tasting Room teams and will split their time between the DTC office and the Estate Tasting Room. Their primary responsibility will be to act as a wine club ambassador, including new account set up, communication, training, database maintenance and relationship building.
- Responds to all inbound consumer phone calls with the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain consumer database including: customer updates, data entry of new customer information and database clean-up.
- Maintains standard operating procedures on all consumer inquiries to insure consistent, timely and quality service.
- Manages missed delivery attempts with timely follow up to reduce the amount of returned shipments.
- Supports DTC Marketing Manager and Wine Club Assistant Manager with phone and email follow-up during wine club shipments, wine club events, or as needed.
- Supports direct sales team and tasting room staff with consumer inquiries and operational requests.
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines.
- Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers.
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Possesses or can develop solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills and poise and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Possesses one to two years prior related experience.
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules.
- Ability to utilize a computer, including entering data for long spans of time.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.