WillaKenzie Estate is an ultra-premium winery located in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. We meticulously farm 130 acres of Estate grown Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, and Chardonnay in the Yamhill-Carlton and Dundee Hills AVAs. Our modern and well-equipped gravity flow winery helps us to achieve our high-quality standards. We are passionate about our winemaking and hold true to our mantras of “Dirt Matters” and “People Matter”. We are seeking hardworking individuals to help with our 2019 harvest.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Winemaker, the Skilled Winery Worker performs a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as cleaning and sanitizing tanks and other equipment, operating processing and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels, and topping wine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Making chemical additions to juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Safe operation of a forklift to move and stack barrels in the warehouse
- Filling, topping and racking barrels
- Obtaining lab samples
- Fining and filtering juice and wine
- Operating crusher, presses and lees filter
- Assist in equipment maintenance
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Background and Experience
Requires 2 to 3 years prior, relevant cellar experience. Must have ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable and have good work ethic. Must be able to work varying shifts and overtime as needed, particularly during the harvest season. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.