ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a seasonal, hourly position. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Issue weighmaster certificates and maintain logbooks for grapes, juice, and wine receiving and shipping
- Maintain accurate LBAM records to ensure 100% compliance with federal and state laws, and winery procedures.
- Accurately calculate tonnage or gallonage on trucks received
- Collect representative grape samples from trucks for lab analysis
- Prepare and analyze grape samples for Brix, titratable acidity, and pH
- Maintain general cleanliness of the scale and sampling equipment
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentations as requested
- Collect representative samples from tanks and barrels
- Assist BIMS Data Entry with entering weigh tags into the data system.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. This position requires basic arithmetic skills. Individual must be organized with a strong attention to detail. Must have excellent people skills and be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime.
Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of weight.