ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a seasonal, hourly position. Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Issue weighmaster certificates and maintain log books for grapes, juice, and wine receiving and shipping
- Maintain accurate records to ensure 100% compliance with federal and state laws, and winery procedures.
- Accurately calculate tonnage or gallonage on trucks received
- Collect representative grape samples from trucks for lab analysis
- Prepare and analyze grape samples for Brix.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the scale and sampling equipment
- Assist in data entry and recording laboratory results in Bulk Inventory Management System (BIMS)
- Provide general help in the cellar as needed
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED required. This position requires basic arithmetic skills. Individual must be organized with a strong attention to detail. Must have excellent people and communication skills, and be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime.
Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds of weight.