Under general supervision, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of warehouse employees whose duties include order picking, restocking, loading and unloading of all cased goods for delivery to our customers through the safe operation of electric forklifts and their designated attachments. The warehouse supervisor is responsible for ensuring that these duties are performed correctly, accurately and timely in compliance with service level commitments made to the customer.
Responsibilities also include meeting or exceeding company established safety, service standards and productivity. The warehouse supervisor will prepare, submit and review operations and service reports needed for the effective management of the operation. Also serves as a liaison between the Warehouse Manager and other warehouse supervisors in transitioning and/or communicating day-to-day assignments and priorities.
75% - Management Responsibilities
Management responsibilities will include hiring and training, planning and assigning daily work, addressing performance issues, and resolving problems. Responsible for making decisions that impact work production, facilities management and obtaining contingency staff during peak periods and/or unplanned absences.
- Develops and manages various reports needed for production and service analysis
- Manage work flow thought Pick Modular conveyor system
- Partners with other supervisors to coordinate interdependent activities of individual departments to ensure a seamless experience for the customer.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve quality of service, increase efficiency of department and warehouse team, and equipment performance.
- Continuously improve warehouse operations to increase efficiencies.
- Ensures a seamless flow of movement of product between warehouse and drivers, ensuring product and paperwork are on assigned routes.
- Reviews daily plans, priorities, and assignments, and effectively communicate and assign duties to the warehouse team
- Meet with the team at the start of every shift to establish or adjust work assignments to meet warehouse demands as dictated by production schedules and work flow.
- Review any outstanding issues from previous day or shift and determine resolution
- Daily review of one safety item or procedure with team
- Ensures the team’s accurate picking, labeling and invoicing of all outgoing product.
- Implements controls and training to avoid mispicks, misloads and damages
- Develops and maintains a Safety First culture through continuous reinforcement and training of Safety Protocols to prevent both accidents and injuries
- Creates training documentation for operational and safety procedures
- Continuously trains personnel on forklift safety and maintains safety records
- Schedules maintenance on all equipment
- Immediately communicates all safety, operational and service issues and concerns to manager
- Track and monitor progress of team and individual efforts against established work goals
25% - Equipment / Warehouse Operations
- Ensures safe and proficient operation of various forklifts and attachments.
- Directs team to load and unload trailers, containers, and railcars following all safety procedures.
- Daily use of Highjump Warehouse Management System using barcode scanners/readers to process all product movements and transactions.
- Utilizes systems to check orders/receipts/inventory in Highjump as needed.
- Complete all receiving thoroughly and accurately submit all appropriate paperwork and attachments (including pictures if required) in a timely manner.
- Direct Warehouse team in accomplishing the following responsibilities:
- Stage and stack all products square and straight according to the requirements provided by each specific account and by Vinlux procedures.
- Accurately pull appropriate product from assigned locations.
- Verify all aspects of outbound orders prior to loading.
- Load all outbound orders following load diagrams specific to the product being shipped and various trailer limitations.
- Manually stacking and wrapping product for shipment
- During emergencies or unforeseen situations, will fill in by performing the above tasks and/or other warehouse operational duties
- Participate in inventory cycle counts.
- Maintains high level of housekeeping and organization throughout the warehouse
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Approximately 10-12 warehouse staff and contingency staff as needed
Business or Operations degree preferred with equivalent recent work experience
- At least 2 years of recent relevant supervisory experience in a complex and fast-paced warehouse environment
- Distribution/logistics experience including inventory control and cycle counts.
- Wine inventory supervision a plus
- International inventory supervision a plus
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to grasp systems (Highjump, Shiraz, Roadnet, etc.) quickly.
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business and operational procedures and requirements
- Ability to write reports, professional internal correspondence, and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Good communication skills, and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Comfortable communicating both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers and employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail a must
- Conduct and general appearance must be professional at all times
- Strong supervisory, administrative and customer service skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities; lead by example and set a positive tone and work ethic with staff
- Intermediate level for both MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to create and edit documents in both applications
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and barcoding applications