The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the performance and accuracy of the warehouse. The Warehouse Manager takes the lead in planning, organization, staffing and assists in the oversight of all daily warehouse activities. The selection, coaching, and motivation of all warehouse employees are key responsibilities. The Warehouse Manager assists the Operations Manager in establishing warehouse performance objectives and strategic planning. They are also accountable for achieving established company objectives regarding safety, accuracy, cost, productivity, customer service and employee morale.
- Develops and manages various reports needed for production and service analysis
- Review weekly plans, priorities, and assignments, and effectively communicate to supervisor team
- Monitor, review and communicate daily/weekly/monthly key performance indicators.
- Performs all personnel management functions for site supervisors including hiring, scheduling, timesheet review, training, performance management, staff development and discipline.
- Conduct regular supervisor and staff meetings to include safety, productivity and quality topics and insures that supervisors conduct daily start-up meetings containing the same information topics.
- Confer with supervisors to coordinate interdependent activities of individual departments to ensure a seamless experience for the customer.
- Implements controls and training to avoid mispicks, misloads and damages
- Develops and maintains a Safety First culture through continuous reinforcement and training of Safety Protocols to prevent both accidents and injuries
- Creates training documentation for operational and safety procedures
- Investigates and reports all on-the-job accidents and injuries in a thorough and timely manner
- Complies with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP).
- Ensure facility is compliant with all company and OSHA safety requirements guidelines for OHSA compliance
- Oversee and manage supervisors in multiple shift operations
- Oversee and manage bi-yearly physical inventory.
- Track and monitor progress of teams and individual efforts
- Maintains high level of housekeeping and organization throughout the warehouse
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Warehouse Supervisors
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
Degree in business preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years in previous Supply Chain/Operations management experience in a related industry
- Experience with inventory control and cycle counts.
- Wine inventory management a plus
- Experience with Continuous Improvement (CI) and LEAN principles a plus
- Ability to read, analyze and understand general business and operational procedures and requirements
- Intermediate experience with Windows based applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to write reports, professional internal correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent communication skills, and must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Comfortable communicating both verbally and in writing with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors and employees
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Attention to detail a must
- Strong management, administrative and customer service skills
- Proven leadership skills and abilities; lead by example to set a positive tone and work environment for staff
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of staff and company information
- Intermediate level for both MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to create and edit documents in both applications
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and barcoding applications preferred.
Conditions of Employment
- This position is employment "at will", compliant with California Labor Code
- This is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities. No overtime or additional compensation is provided to exempt employees.
- This position requires 2nd shift presence and leadership and is expected to maintain a schedule that covers all order picking/loading regions