VINEYARDS OF THE NORTH COAST OFFICE MANAGER
Under the general direction of the VP Precision Farming, this position has broad responsibility for a variety of administrative functions in support of North Coast vineyard production operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Office Management: Manages functional operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to: staffing, accounting, payroll, inventory functions, information systems, compliance, company records and filing systems, supplies and vendors.
- Vineyard Compliance: Farm Labor Contractor (FLC) invoice auditing, tracks/manages contractor on site rules and vendor insurance requirements to ensure vendors are following company policies while onsite.
- Bulk Inventory Management System (BIMS): Harvest/seasonal BIMS responsibilities to support vineyard team.
- AgCode: Oversees reconciliation of AgCode entries to ensure accuracy of vendor invoices and invoice coding.
- DMV Management: Manages DMV renewals for Jackson Family Wines.
- Accounting: Works with managers on accounting process, ensuring compliance with company guidelines and procedures; accurate and timely processing of purchase orders, invoices accruals and reclasses; maintains vendor accounts for related invoices through statement research and discrepancy resolution.
- General Administration: Distributes daily internal / external mail and overnight packages; manages office reimbursement procedures; orders and maintains office and break room supplies and keeps track of supply inventory; coordinates and schedules equipment maintenance; communicates issues/problems with internal and external vendors.
- Special Events/Employee Gifts/Supply Distribution: Coordinates and executes special events; orders and distributes employee gifts; orders and distributes employee supplies (harvest and safety).
Must be proficient with intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must also be competent in electronic calendar software (i.e. MS Outlook, Google Calendar). Experience with JD Edwards and AgCode a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees; ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Must be able to drive routinely and be able to provide a valid Driver’s License and insurance.
- Must have flexibility to work as required during peak times such as harvest
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Wine industry experience preferred.
- This position requires on the job presence – it is not a telecommute position.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) or equivalent preferred, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.