Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform safety inspections on equipment and fix any problems
- Hook up, inspect, and repair implements
- Perform welding and fabricating tasks without supervision
- Order and purchase parts and supplies within spending limits
- Drive to vineyard locations and perform field services/repairs
- Safely operate hand and power tools
- Keep Shop Manager informed of progress on their assigned work
- Operate a forklift
- Haul grapes during harvest with any vehicle appropriate with appropriate driver’s license
- Keep work area clean and safe
- Operate a steam cleaner
- Operate service truck and equipment trailer to haul equipment and supplies
- Flexibility to changing work priorities and hours of work as needed
- Fabrication of agriculture implements
- Keep assigned company service truck clean and maintained
- Must follow all of the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Training:
- Must be able to read and understand service/repair manuals<span
- Must understand automotive/tractor electrical and can read electrical diagrams and repair 6, 12 & 24 volt systems.
- Needs to understand tractor/implement hydraulics
- Must supply own tools
- Must have at least a valid Class C driver’s license with no restrictions, unless working on Class A or B vehicles which would require a Class A or B.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
- Must be able to work safely.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to lift over 100 lbs.
Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime as needed.
This job description is not limited to the duties described and may be subject to change as needed.