Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform safety inspections on equipment and fix any problems.
- Hook up, inspect, and repair implements.
- Perform welding and fabricating tasks without supervision.
- Order and purchase parts and supplies within spending limits.
- Drive to vineyard locations and perform field services/repairs.
- Safely operate hand and power tools.<span
- Keep Shop Manager informed of progress on their assigned work.
- Operate a forklift.
- Haul grapes during harvest with any vehicle appropriate with appropriate drivers license.
- Keep work area clean and safe.
- Operate a steam cleaner.
- Operate service truck and equipment trailer to haul equipment and supplies.
- Flexibility to changing work priorities and hours of work as needed.
- Fabrication of agriculture implements.
- Keep assigned company service truck clean and maintained.
- Must follow all of the company’s safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Training:
- Must be able to read and understand service/repair manuals<span
- Must understand automotive/tractor electrical and be able to read electrical diagrams and repair 6, 12, & 24 volt systems.
- Needs to understand tractor/implement hydraulics.<span
- Must supply own tools.<span
- Must have at least a valid Class C driver’s license with no restrictions, unless working on Class A or B vehicles which would require a Class A or B.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions.<span
- Must be able to work safely.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Must be able to lift over 100 lbs.
Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime as needed.
This job description is not limited to the duties described and may be subject to change as needed.