Under the daily supervision of the Shop Manager/ Business Manager this position will ensure the effective and efficient deployment and tracking of company-wide DMV registration. Will be responsible for daily trucking schedules and communicate and coordinate equipment movement with Southern locations in Monterey and Santa Barbara counties. Working with Shop manager and shop teams for all parts ordering and inventory. Responsible for managing regulatory/compliance functions related to position.
- Companywide DMV Registrations
- Coordinate and Schedule daily hauling of fruit, bins, gondolas during harvest ensuring there is adequate equipment for vineyard needs. Coordinate equipment usage and movements between vineyard managers and trucking companies keeping all parties informed.
- Track equipment movement and locations using GPS tracking.
- Ensure BIT records are accurate, compliant, well organized.
- Manage and maintain oversize permits that are current, compliant, well organized.
- Liaising with Vineyard and Transportation management, track/manage Driver Files for pull notice program.
- Shop Parts ordering
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Requires excellent verbal and written communications – including timely, prompt and reliable communications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbally and in writing; Spanish fluency a plus.
- Job requires intermediate level computer skills, Word and Excel capability.
- Must possess a current, valid CA Drivers license at all times.
- Reliable, responsible, uses good judgment; develops positive working relationships with internal and external contacts/employees/managers.
- Able to work longer hours, including nights, during peak times and/or as needed throughout the year.
- Highly successful at multi-tasking, good problem solver. Can prioritize multiple requests but at same time is flexible and willing to look at multiple solutions to get the job done.
- Knowledge and past experience with trucking and farm equipment is preferred.