By providing a concierge level of service, Vin Lux Drivers deliver premium and luxury wines to over 10,000 accounts. Our drivers average 150 miles of driving and navigating through heavy to moderate traffic conditions during both daylight and nighttime, and in weather conditions consisting of moderate to high heat, and occasional rain. They must maintain a steady and consistent pace in order to complete the average 26 delivery stops each day. In addition, they must also manage numerous invoices, process corrections and communicate exceptions to the customer service team. Drivers must drive safely and be aware of his or her surroundings.
Drivers work at least four consecutive days each week. The workday begins at 5:00 a.m. and lasts between 10 hours and 12 hours with a 30-minute meal break taken by the 5th and 10th hour of the shift. The driver will off load and cart in between 150 and 300 cases of wine at an average weight of 35 lbs. per case for a total of 6,000 – 10,500 lbs. each day. This position works out of San Jose and surrounding areas.
- Unloading of trucks during deliveries.
- Delivering product accurately. Accurate documentation of all deliveries.
- Repositioning and stocking freight (adjusting and securing load).
- Manual stacking, wrapping and shipment preparation, including case labeling if needed.
- Participate in driver training meetings.
- Properly handle damaged product.
- Conducting pickups and securing loads for safe transport.
- Perform general truck maintenance duties as necessary.
- Showing up to work at scheduled start time.
- Perform other duties and directed by the Driver Supervisor or Manager.
- Knowledge of Logbooks and proper use, when applicable.
- Conducting pre and post trips daily.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years delivery experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance of vehicles. Ability to speak effectively with customers and managers.
- Must have the ability to work independently and adjust to changing priorities.