Schedule, plan and execute Trade and VIP visits to Jackson Family Wines Oregon properties (Gran Moraine, Penner-Ash, WillaKenzie and Zena Crown Vineyard). Increase sales volume of brand loyal customers by offering exceptional hospitality alongside knowledge of the vineyards, enterprise, individual wine estates and wines of the world.
- Develop and execute customizable wine tour experiences for our customers, particularly trade and distributors. Host strategic trade guests on vineyard tours and tastings at JFW properties.
- Ensure each guest experience is delivered with an emphasis on hospitality and “edutainment” – tailoring approach and dialogue to match guests’ knowledge level and expectation.
- Initiate pre-visit contact with guest to confirm details of their visit (when appropriate), proactively collect information and note in appointment calendar.
- Report on results of visits –wines purchased, recommended next steps for program improvement, value added service to guests. Send follow up to associated salesperson.
- Take initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, wines of the world and American marketplace, and sales techniques and acumen.
- Participate in company-sponsored wine educational and development opportunities.
- Pre-visit planning– initial contact with Hospitality coordinator to confirm details of their visit (when appropriate), proactively collect information and note in appointment calendar.
- Effectively partner with the JFW Hospitality team and Tasting Room Teams in planning and executing events. Day of execution to be handled by Trade Host
- Represent winery at outside functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexible schedule with weekend and evening availability as needed depending on scheduled visits.
- Comprehensive understanding of, and a passion for, wine and food. Ability to communicate wine knowledge to all levels of experience and understanding
- Highly adaptable personality to a wide variety of situations.
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product.
- Three years experience in in sales, customer service/hospitality with a knowledge of effective luxury product presentation skills.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses professional appearance and demeanor.
- Flexibility is a key component, able to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal skills
- Able to be self-motivated and work independently to achieve goals and deadlines
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred. Strong writing skills a plus
- Completion of high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to lift and move 40 pounds repeatedly.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.