General Description of Duties:
A Tractor Driver must be able to operate any tractor and/or ATV safely and properly. A tractor driver must maintain all of his equipment and/or implements in a clean and operational manner. He must also take excellent care of all vineyard property and maintain a safe and quality based approach while working around all personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Laying out all types of trellis materials with trailer
- Tractor Driver
- Harvest (hauling gondolas)
- Vineyard maintenance (e.g. repairing erosion control damage)
- ATV operation (spreading wire, spreading hose)
(Intermediate): (Same as Beginning)
- Forklift operator
- Spraying vines
- Weed spraying
- Under vine cultivation
- Front loader operation
- Spreading amendments
(Advanced): (Same as Beginning & Intermediate)
- Stake installation
- Track tractor operation
- End post installation
- Calibration of all spray equipment (self)
- Operating side mounted mower
- Work in high sloped terrain
- Must be able to read and write
Immediate Staff: Advance Tractor Driver (only) will be responsible for 2-3 employees depending on task.
Experience and Training:
- Must be able to work weekends and/or overtime.
- A tractor driver working on highly sloped hillside vineyard properly will be paid at a higher wage. (TBD)
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
In order to perform this job successfully an individual must have some basic tractor experience, (2) or more years of experience and/or a willingness to learn quickly by on the job training. Must have good oral communication skills. Must be able to understand and interpret documents such as safety rules of operation and maintenance manuals. Tractor Driver will be exposed to mixing chemicals and will be required to work at night.
The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee while be frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, and chemical residues as well as occasionally exposed to extreme heat.