GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
A Tractor Driver must be able to operate any tractor and/or ATV safely and properly. A tractor driver must maintain all his equipment and/or implements in a clean and operational manner. He must also take excellent care of all vineyard property and maintain a safe and quality based approach while working around all personnel and operate a tractor in a safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Front load operation
- Forklift operation & certification
- Under vine cultivation
- Spreading amendments
- Weed spraying
- Fungicide spraying
- Harvest (hauling gondolas)
- Laying trellis materials with trailer
- ATV operation (1. Spreading wire 2. Spreading hose)
- Stake and end post installation
- Work on high sloped terrain
- Operate side mounted mover
- Calibrate all spray equipment
- Vineyard Maintenance (e.g. repairing erosion control damage)
- Perform maintenance or equipment as well as troubleshoot and report problems.
- Report all injuries and mechanical problems to supervisor immediately. Must follow all the company’s safety rules and regulations always.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Must have 2-3 years of tractor driving experience.
- Thorough knowledge of pesticide applications and calibration sprayers.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Tractor Driver will be exposed to mixing chemicals and may be required to work at night. The employee must be able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds. The employee will be exposed to wet and or humid conditions, dust, farming chemical and fertilizers as well as seasonal weather conditions (summer heat, cold weather, rain). This position also requires repetitive sitting, foot controls, kneeling, bending and stooping.
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends and overtime as required.
- Able to read documents such as safety rules of operation and maintenance manuals.
- Must have a valid OR driver’s license.