Siduri’s breadth and depth of Pinot Noirs are truly unique. We specialize in cool-climate Pinot Noir, producing only single-vineyard, single-variety wine from twenty vineyards stretching from Santa Barbara to the Willamette Valley. Why? Because we believe that great wine is made in the vineyard. To that end, we’ve developed long-term relationships with some of the West’s most sought-after growers and vineyards
Provides proactive leadership in all aspects of Tasting Room operations and works to develop a team that passionately promotes Siduri Lounge in Healdsburg and creates an unforgettable experience for every guest. Establishes and effectively maintains high standards of performance in all areas, including but not limited to: supervision and management of a dynamic team of employees, customer service and experiences, meeting/exceeding sales and budget goals, oversees winery hospitality events, visual presentation of the tasting room consistent with our brand image and ensuring on-going training and development of tasting room team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Under the direction of the Direct to Consumer (DTC) Sr. Manager, successfully oversee and implement all aspects of tasting room operations: sales plans, operating expenses, customer service needs, inventory accuracy, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, staff hiring, training and development, and local outreach/involvement.
- Manage the tasting room enterprise and direct the work of tasting room team.
- Be actively involved in the hiring, advancement, promotion and other change of status of employees.
- Provides clear, on-going communication to tasting room team providing consistent and timely direction, establishing specific and clearly communicated performance goals and delivering meaningful regular performance reviews.
- Manages a diverse team of employees
- Develops and maintains a consistent, reliable means of monitoring tasting room performance through delivery of monthly sales and referral reports. Monitors sales trends and budgets, adjusting business strategies as needed to meet target revenue goals.
- Promotes the winery brand and develops a solid client base by working with the DTC Sr. Manager to plan and develop events and outreach strategies for both consumer and corporate business and events.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of active programs by performing periodic reviews and auditing customer feedback on a regular basis. Implement changes as needed to reach plan and objectives.
- Coaches and develops associates so they represent the highest level of expertise available in the wine industry with an emphasis on customer service, wine education, and gracious hospitality. Lead by example to provide daily, hands-on leadership to the Tasting Room staff.
- Executes hospitality events and visitor programs in a manner that is well organized, within budget and consistent with marketing direction on brand image.
- Possess commanding knowledge of POS system, including the ability to effectively perform opening and closing procedures.
- Works with the DTC Sr. Manager and Winemaker to ensure that all staff
areupdated with all current wine and marketplace information including distributor information, market wine pricing, and new release timing.
- Supports trade hospitality events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
- Possesses strong customer service orientation, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must have strong initiative and work ethic and influence subordinates in same.
- Proven leadership skills and management skills; can effectively manage a diverse staff to exceptional performance.
- Possesses strong computer savvy including MS Word and Excel proficiency.
- Skilled in utilizing POS software and J.D. Edwards software.
- Knowledge of merchandising wine and non-wine items is required.
- Three to five years’ prior relevant retail, sales, supervisory experience.
- College coursework, degree and/or equivalent experience in business/retail management and hospitality preferred.
- Advanced wine knowledge, including certifications preferred (CSW, WSET, Sommelier certifications)
- Flexible, effective with a diverse clientele, professional at all times.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to routinely lift and move 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.