The Concierge/ Host position offers a broad range of responsibilities including, but not limited to answering phones, responding to email requests for visits and managing the tasting room visitation calendar. The Concierge provides all guests with exceptional service from first contact through to post-visit follow up. This person will have the ability to converse with winery guests in a way that builds rapport and lasting relationships between the guest and the winery. On weekends this person will be the greeter for the winery, as well as assist the team with sales transactions and possible wine service.
- Reservation Management - Gain commanding knowledge of the Tasting Room phone, email and reservation systems, in order to manage the daily visitation requests, and calendar management for the property.
- Process all requests for experiences at our winery – including facilitating special requests. Maintain a focus on efficient operations, integrity, and authenticity while providing elevated service standards in all communication.
- Collaborate with guests and Tasting Room leadership to curate the best tour and tasting experience for each guest.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Assist in daily opening and closing operations procedures as well as monthly physical inventory and other departmental special projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- Assist in setup and breakdown of tasting experiences when requested.
- Possess knowledge of the Tasting Room POS system, winery merchandise, products and discount structure.
- Operate Tasting Room transactions from order to fulfillment, ensuring all shipping orders are legally compliant with inter-state shipping regulations and restrictions for all direct sales orders.
- Perform cash register opening and closing procedures effectively.
- Restock merchandise, wines and packaging materials.
- Provide excellent customer service, assist with special requests, shipment tracking, and returns
- Help maintain customer database including contact and billing information, membership status, and customer insights (e.g. buying preferences, special requests)
- Greet all visitors to the Tasting Room, occasionally pour wines for tasting, discuss wine and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of Matanzas Creek wines.
- Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery.
- Adhere to DTC policies and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Napa Valley Point of Sales Program or similar POS/CD software.
- Strong background in retail sales and customer service preferred.
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned by the Tasting Room Manager.
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly (a case of wine)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.