Under the direction of the Direct to Consumer Marketing Manager, the Tasting Room Sales Associate is responsible for efficiently and effectively promoting the sale of wine and non-wine products through excellent customer service and wine pouring in the Estate Tasting Room. This position is intended to execute the sales programs, opening and closing of Tasting Room, Consumer Tour and Tasting Programs, hospitality and brand message set forth by Hartford Family Winery Estate.
- Greets all visitors, describes and pours wines for tasting room, trade, library, hospitality guests with exceptional customer service as focus
- Represents the Hartford Family and ensures that each and every visitor enjoys their experience at HFW and leaves with the highest impression of the Estate and our wine brand message
- Describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, philosophy and vineyard sites
- Possess commanding knowledge of Company compliance and legal laws, ensuring guests are properly informed with up to date information during their visit for future customer service through fulfillment and beyond
- Effectively sells using “up selling” techniques in tasting room
- Assists in entering tasting room shipping orders and mailing list signups when needed
- Accurately handles routine purchasing transactions, which include operating point of sale and accounting of daily sales; processes returns, discounts, etc
- Assists Wine Club Member Sign Ups and quarterly Wine Club will call pick ups
- Assists customers with the carry out of purchases to their vehicles when necessary
- Ensures that winery tasting room and hospitality areas are exceptionally clean and well stocked at all times
- Provides general tourist information
- Assists with hospitality special events as needed.
- Represents winery at outside functions as needed.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of winery and its wines through staff trainings
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
Receiving, Cleaning and Stocking:
- Washes and polishes glassware for Tasting Room
- Check in weekly wine order when necessary
- Stock tasting room daily
- Assists with display and pricing of retail items and wines as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Outstanding ability in customer service and working with the public
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Familiarity with the luxury market
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with diverse and international client group
- Extensive knowledge of wines and wine production required
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Knowledge of commonly used practices, procedures and techniques used in retail sales and merchandising
- Must be able to work weekends
- Fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years old
- 1-2 years’ related experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent desired
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience preferred.
- Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and JDE
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to effectively stock wine and non-wine merchandise, set-up and break down structures, tables, etc., and be able to utilize dolly cart and other equipment to assist in moving heavy objects
- Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions.