Copain Wines is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Hospitality team. Copain offers an exclusive, by-appointment only wine tasting experience, renown for premium cool-climate Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Syrah.
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Tasting Room Manager, the Tasting Room Associate is responsible for promoting the sale of wine by providing consumers with a meaningful experience through excellent hospitality and interpersonal skills. Being that our tasting room is connected to our working winery, Copain Wines provides the perfect opportunity for those looking to explore opportunities in the wine industry and network with key industry figures. The successful candidate will be a charismatic, driven individual with strong wine sales and/or fine dining background. This is a part-time position, and weekend availability is required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all visitors of Copain, pours wines for tasting, discusses wine and responds to customer questions as appropriate.
- Enjoys communicating with members and guests of Copain via email and phone, assisting potential visitors with scheduling appointments
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of our wines and brand.
- Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history, appellations, and unique aspects of wines.
- Effectively promotes and softly sells ultra-premium wine and wine club memberships to our guests
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and processing returns and discounts.
- Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines, our brands, general hospitality, and for acquiring effective sales techniques and acumen.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wine to consumers and how they impact day-to-day wine shipments.
- Assists in facilitating shipping of wine to customers and meets all compliance and regulatory requirements of wine shipments.
- Works with Tasting Room Manager to maintain a luxury tasting experience while upholding brand image standards
- Sets up tables for our seated appointments. Clears tables and cleans glassware and dishes
- Prepares food for guest consumption in accordance with food safety regulations
- Represents winery at outside functions as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Shows commitment to excellence and high standards in work product
- Possesses solid knowledge of wines and winemaking processes and looking to grow wine knowledge and skillset by participating in team educational enrichment activities, including staff tastings and discussion.
- Consistently demonstrates outstanding customer service skills, poise, and tact in working with the public.
- Proven ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with diverse client group.
- Possesses and maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
- Enjoys collaborating with others in a strong team environment
- Is flexible, can manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Fluent in English
- Computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred.
- Possesses a minimum of one-year related wine sales and/or fine-dining restaurant experience
- Has high school diploma or GED; two to four year college degree preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds repeatedly (a case of wine)
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively stock wine, set-up and break down procedures, equipment, etc., and able to utilize dolly cart and assist in moving heavy objects.