Jackson Family Wines has been at the forefront of wine sustainability for the past 40 years and our Rooted For Good roadmap to 2030 is reshaping how we define sustainability in wine and agriculture. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team and work firsthand on a range of sustainability solutions including Decarbonization Strategy, Zero Emission Vehicles, Renewable Energy, Regenerative Farming, Alternative Packaging, Product Transportation, Water Efficiency, Social Impact and embedding innovation across the company.
We are looking for team players, data nerds, analysis experts, intrapreneurs, change makers and people who like getting their hands dirty to figure out real world solutions. Data drives our decision making we need candidates skilled in data visualization and Power BI to build tools with actionable insights. Our top candidates will also leverage their people skills to work across every department and build collaborative relationships from our farm team to our tasting room staff.
This is a dream opportunity to work in wine sustainability and accelerate your career gaining experience on implementing solutions today! Join us in taking big steps to build a regenerative future.
This is a full time temporary internship with the possibility to transition into full-time work in the future! Starting salary is $28 hourly depending on experience.
Support Sustainability data analysis, data visualization, dashboard development and other project areas in alignment with Rooted for Good sustainability initiatives and company innovation projects.
- Data Collection and Analysis - Support data entry and analysis focused on tracking key sustainability metrics across departments and identifying opportunities for innovation, efficiency and decarbonization. Particular focus areas include energy efficiency, renewable energy, water conservation, GHG inventories, production efficiency, product certification, zero emission vehicles and zero waste.
- Dashboard Development – Build Power BI dashboards that empower teams to monitor, manage and innovate.
- Wine Certification
- Lightweight and Alternative Packaging
- Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Regenerative Farming Data
- Water Efficiency
- Zero Waste Monitoring
- GHG Monitoring and Decarbonization Pathways
- Zero Emission Vehicle Fleet Transition and Internal Charging Infrastructure
- Rooted for Good: Roadmap to 2030 - Provide analytical and project support for ongoing RFG projects as needed, including support for any identified Working Group leads as assigned.
- Renewable Energy Support: Portfolio expansion and O&M management of existing solar systems, the development of new wind and overall optimization.
- Zero Emission Vehicle Support: Directly support fleet ZEV transition, charging infrastructure build out, pursuing available grants, and coordinating between teams.
- Water Conservation: Support water efficiency measures from vineyards to wineries.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S) in data science, sustainability, business, engineering, or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel, Power BI, with the ability to create pivot tables and Power BI dashboards.
- Previous experience with data collection, validation, consolidation and analysis, along with a general understanding of how relational databases interact with each other.
- Experience in Greenhouse Gas accounting, energy efficiency and renewable energy, water conservation, zero waste and other sustainability metrics/accounting.
- Ability to read and understand data flow and identify trends.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow as assigned.
- Pays high attention to detail along with exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to a diverse, non-technical audience.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Occasional travel to outlying sites in various counties, within California.
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Deep understanding of triple bottom line sustainability principles and how they are used to drive organizational excellence.
- Previous wine experience preferred.