Summary: Provides technical support, responds to Help Desk support via virtual phone when remote and office phone, using modern online support tools to resolve technical issues related to applications and services. Technical support includes working on laptops, mobile devices, tablets, software, copiers, and printers. In addition, may assist with various project initiatives. Diagnoses problem through analysis, established procedures, testing scenarios and interacting with escalations teams. Performs tracking and documentation by entering details into the company's service desk software. Responsible in assisting development of documents, validating as directed, unit testing and reporting.
Seeking someone that enjoys working with people and prides themselves in customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the following duties and responsibilities, others may be assigned:
- Most frequently responds to Tier II level support, service requests, incidents and monitors their status through resolution.
- Installing, configuring, testing, maintaining, monitoring, and troubleshooting end user networked peripheral devices, laptops, workstation hardware, and networking hardware products.
- Install, update and troubleshoot various company managed software in Microsoft O/S environment.
- Responsible for accurately preparing and maintaining all records associated with the work performed, including work orders, support tickets, and e-mail communications.
- Ability to quickly research solutions to new and unfamiliar technical problems and update the internal knowledgebase with issue resolution details.
- Train end users on new equipment and software.
- Receive and record support requests via phone calls and e-mails to the Help Desk.
- Ensuring highest level of customer satisfaction by prioritizing support calls, troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve as quickly as possible. Effectively escalate to the appropriate team when resolution is not clear.
- Respond to user status inquiries on support calls and accurately update tickets on a daily basis.
- Open minded and engaged at finding innovative ways to better work as team.
- Regularly contribute content to the knowledge base through documentation of solutions.
- Must be able to work between the hours of 6:00am – 6:00pm, Mon- Fri. On-call and weekend support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have demonstrated experience in each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least three years of technical support experience.
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certification preferred.
- Dell Certified Technician a plus.
- High-level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Help Desk, hotline or equivalent customer support experience.
- Ability to respond in a professional manner and maintain composure in difficult and stressful situations.
Working knowledge and experience in the following is required:
- Windows operating systems: Windows 10
- Macintosh operating systems experience is plus!
- Experience with mobile devices and tablets: Apple iOS or Android hardware and software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point)
- Windows application or system experience preferred:
* Malware diagnosis, troubleshooting and removal
* Imaging software
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Wide area and local area networks
* VPN software
* SaaS (browser-based) software
* Client/Server software
* Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) Client software
Language Skills: Ability to clearly write and speak the English language. Bi-lingual English and Spanish is another plus. Ability to read and understand technical documents relating to computers, operating system software, application software, hardware and networks. Ability to compose and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to small groups of employees, business partners and/or vendors.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to implement detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to solve problems involving concrete and abstract variables.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance. A significant amount of manual dexterity is required. The employee must be able to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Description - Support Technician.docPage 1 of 2