Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
We are looking for a temporary, full-time Staff Accountant to support our Accounting and Finance team. This role will be for up to six months of employment.
Provide assistance and support to financial reporting, month-end close activities, and account reconciliations. This roll will assist with the following areas of accounting.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
- Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards, as assigned.
- Work with various departments and related party companies to ensure accruals and reclasses are processed in a timely manner.
- Other Tasks as assigned
- Prepare account reconciliations on a consolidated basis and propose adjusting entries as needed
- Prepare roll forward schedules; perform tie-outs of subsidiary ledger to general ledger, fluctuation analysis.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Prepare confirmations, reports and schedules necessary to support audit and tax requirements
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with positive attitude. Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint. JD Edwards or similar accounting software experience highly preferred but not required.