Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2017, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the third year running.
Provide assistance and support to financial reporting, month-end close activities, and account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure accuracy of all financial statements, ending in different fiscal year patterns.
- Assist in the preparation of the consolidated monthly financial statements consistent with US GAAP, and monthly financial reporting package.
- Perform gross margin analysis and reports by different levels of aggregation.
- Investigate through communication with different departments reasons for significant account variances.
- Assist preparing documentations as necessary for audit.
- Prepare reports and schedules necessary to support tax requirements.
- Reconcile accounts receivable, revenues, and other accounts as assigned.
- Prepare roll forward schedules; perform tie-outs of subsidiary ledger to general ledger, fluctuation analysis, price-volume analysis, trending, and sales summarization by brand, region, market, customer, etc.
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
- Assist in the preparation and entry of monthly journal entries in JD Edwards.
- Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information necessary for month-end close.
- Perform and document cut-off testing procedures.
- Run month-end reports from the ERP system and manipulate data in Excel for better presentation and analysis.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with positive attitude. Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint. JD Edwards and/or Hyperion or similar accounting software experience highly preferred but not required.