Seeking Staff Accountant to join Jackson Family Enterprises’ finance department and help assist with the major reporting and reconciliation duties for the international operations of the Company; assisting Accounting Manager & Sr. Accountant with month-end closing procedures, preparation of financial statements in accordance with relevant US GAAP and International standards, and various other accounting tasks.
- Assist in foreign currency translation of foreign entities’ financial statements and consolidate to the US GAAP financial statements
- Perform month-end elimination entries for related party transactions entered into during the month
- Maintain appropriate documentation for International entities’ account reconciliations
- Maintain domestic copies of local book financial statements
- Prepare other standard and ad hoc reports as requested by management, including gross margin reports, channel reporting, and Executive Summary reports.
- Prepare supporting schedules and gather supports, as needed, to assist in the transfer pricing calculation between domestic and foreign entities.
- Assist International Accounting Manager with their requests and questions.
- Prepare reports and schedules necessary to support tax requirements.
- Participation in and support of annual department audits
- Support and assistance to finance team members, including preparing reconciliations and/or coordinating data/running reports
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting or related Major, or work experience equivalent
- MS Office experience with strong emphasis on Excel
- A positive, proactive and service-oriented attitude is mandatory, with a commitment to excellence, accuracy and high standards
- Strong analytical and math skillset
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to precisely follow detailed written instructions, offset with the understanding and ability to be flexible when the situation calls for it
- Strong desire to continuously improve self and work processes
- Solid work ethic, ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillset, at a level appropriate for Executive communication
- Fluent in foreign language (Spanish, Italian, French) a plus
Additional Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education
- 2+ years work experience desirable, Wine Industry preferred
- Sales experience and/or experience in three-tier distribution environment
- Advanced Excel proficiency – a high level of comfort with Macros, VLookups, Data Integrity and other advanced Excel functions
- ERP and database experience desired, JD Edwards ERP a significant plus
- Business Intelligence/Business Objects experience a plus
- Ability to work in a standard office environment