Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2018, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fourth year running.
Our Staff Accountant provides assistance and support to financial reporting, month-end close activities, and account reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Month-End Close Process / Journal entries:
- Assist in the preparation and entry of monthly, quarterly, and year end closing journal entries.
- Communicate with different departments to gather necessary documentations and information necessary for month-end close.
- Run month-end reports from the ERP system and manipulate data in Excel for better presentation and analysis.
- Support for monthly billings
- Reconcile various accounts as assigned.
- Prepare roll forward schedules; perform tie-outs of subsidiary ledger to general ledger, fluctuation analysis.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information is accurate
Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Solid understanding of accounting principles and practices. Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence. Commitment to excellence and high standards. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees. Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with positive attitude. Show great attention to detail.
Computer Skills: Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel PowerPoint. JD Edwards and/or Hyperion or similar accounting software experience highly preferred but not required.