Voted one of the North Bay Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in 2016! Jackson Family Wines is a family-owned company based in Santa Rosa, California. We oversee all the wine production and marketing for the Jackson family, including such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey, Cambria, and Byron. The family owns thousands of acres of prime vineyard land in California, as well as wineries and vineyards in Oregon, Australia, Chile, France, Italy, and South Africa. The family also owns many other wine industry businesses, including a barrel maker, and distribution companies.
The Senior Financial Planning Analyst is a key member of the Planning Department. The position is the owner and facilitator administrator of all budgets and forecasts related to Production, Farming, Cost of Goods and Capital Expenditures. Focus will be on long term strategy to coordinate and facilitate the financial planning process, monitor financial performance, and develop effective reporting and models to analyze results. This role works with business partners across the enterprise, as well as members of the Senior Management team.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning
- Interface with business units across the organization to ensure timely and complete budget submissions.
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets for Farming and Production, as well as maintain the capital expenditure budget for the enterprise.
- Prepare depreciation forecasts for long term planning.
- Facilitate and maintain the capital expenditure approval system and process.
- Work closely with production to develop COGS forecasts and provide regular analysis and reports of variances.
- Monthly reconciliation of COGS standards to forecast to identify and report material swings to current forecast.
- Review individual and consolidated budgets; isolate and investigate significant variances and trends.
- Build effective metrics and reporting tools.
- Perform system maintenance on budgeting system (Adaptive Planning).
- Involvement in the S&OP process.
- Assist with related special projects as needed and ad hoq reports as assigned by manager.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field. Experience in financial analysis and modeling. Experience with financial systems and budgeting software preferred. Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions/recommendations to upper management. Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to work with all levels of management. Commitment to excellence and high standards; strong work ethic; acute attention to detail. Self-motivated; capable of developing analysis from ambiguous information with minimal supervision. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; proven ability to multi-task, manage workflow and meet deadlines. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a dynamic environment. Ability to work independently and as a member of project teams. Expert Excel user; advanced PowerPoint and Word skills. Knowledge of Adaptive Planning and JD Edwards preferred.