Provides proactive management of all aspects for the Estate’s operations, working to develop a team that passionately promotes the winery brand and creates a memorable guest experience for every consumer. Establishes and effectively maintains high standards of performance in all areas, including but not limited to: customer service and experiences, meeting/exceeding sales and budget goals, management of winery hospitality events, visual presentation of the tasting room consistent with the brand image and ensuring on-going training and development of key personnel at all properties.
- Partner with Brand Marketing to develop annual business plans for each estate to include estate DTC objectives, strategies and tactics, annual case and revenue goals and operating expense budgets; reforecasts revenue and operating expenses on a quarterly basis.
- Develop strategic outreach programs to create new business partnerships and traffic driving strategies.
- Analyze sales reports on a monthly basis for all direct to consumer channels and shifts strategies and tactics accordingly.
- Receive pricing and discounting information from Marketing to build effective pricing strategy for retail management, customer offers and lead generations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Brand Marketing, Web Services, DTC Operations and winery General Manager(s).
- Represent winery at special hospitality events and marketing functions as needed.
- Develop new programs to strengthen DTC Operations as well as onboarding new leaders and improving team retention.
- Successfully manage all aspects of tasting room operations at each estate: sales plans and initiatives, customer service, inventory accuracy, cash reconciliation, shipping orders, profitability, operating expenses and staff hiring, training and development, local hospitality events.
- Develop and maintain a consistent, reliable means of monitoring tasting room performance through delivery of monthly sales and referral reports. Monitor sales trends and budget, adjusting business strategies as needed to meet target revenue and profitability goals.
- Effectively lead, develop direct reports to ensure that outstanding brand ambassadors are hired, trained, developed and motivated to achieve tasting room sales and wine club enrollment goals and deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Develop and execute tasting room event strategies
- Manage tasting room commission payouts
- Oversee shipping/fulfillment ensuring Tasting Room is in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership and day to day management to the Club Leadership teams.
- In collaboration with brand marketing, develop and execute wine club and phone channel communication and sales strategies.
- Partner with Brand Marketing to develop annual DTC business plans that include Club/Phone objectives, strategies and tactics, annual case and revenue goals and operating expense budgets.
- Leverage available resources to achieve revenue and profitability goals.
- Collaborate with DTC Leadership to develop VIP/Club experiences and events that drive acquisition and increase club loyalty.
- Ensure pricing and discounting direction from Marketing/DTC Leadership is adhered to
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Ability to work and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of detail orientation.
- Possesses strong customer service orientation, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have strong initiative and work ethic and influence subordinates in same.
- Proven leadership skills and management skills; can effectively manage a diverse staff to exceptional performance.
- Possesses strong computer savvy including MS Word and Excel proficiency.
- Skilled in utilizing POS software and J.D. Edwards software.
- Knowledge of merchandising wine and non wine items is required.
- Five years prior relevant retail, sales, tasting room management experience.
- College course work, degree and/or equivalent experience in business/retail management and hospitality preferred.
- Flexible, effective with diverse cliental, professional at all times.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Ability to routinely lift and move 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.