Information Technology DepartmentJob Description – Senior Developer
Job description – Senior Developer
Reports to: Director ERP Applications
Revised By:Atul Patil
Revision Date:October 2021
Summary: This position will partner with functional business analysts to design, deliver and develop technology solutions that align with department goals and business strategy. Manages cross application development projects, gathers technical requirements, designs solutions and participates in the development of technology roadmaps for enterprise application solutions. Responsible for creating scope, technical design documents, data maps, software documentation, unit testing and deployment. Excellent in the design, programming and debugging of cross application systems and multiple application integration processes.
The Senior Developer will be an integral part of our growing team, solving challenging problems quickly and efficiently. He or she will bring expertise in agile development to a growing and innovative organization.
- Analyze user needs and workflows to create easy to use interfaces
- Design, write, and maintain high quality software
- Develop new functionality to existing software systems
- Advanced in agile development methodology like SCRUM, full Software Development Life Cycle, code versioning and code review.
- Building APIs and deployment using integration tools like WebMethods, MuleSoft, Tibco etc.
- Managing API Gateway, load balancing, authentication, transformation, versioning, caching.
- Experience in most of the following technologies: Java, .NET, Python, MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, Oracle.
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks, Service Oriented Architecture & Microservices
- Developing/Debugging SQL objects such as SQL Proc, Scripts etc.
- Experience managing & integrating 3rd party applications.
- Manage medium to large projects using project management methodologies.
- Create and maintain documentation to describe technical development and data validation/mapping.
- Ensure consistency, reliability, security, and performance within the platform
- Proactively research latest technologies and advice on usability to the development team
- Work alongside other developers both inside and outside your main department
Works directly with IT and functional teams throughout the company to influence, shape and develop systems/solutions to support long and short-term business objectives. Leads medium to large departmental technology projects. Leads peers and teams with a positive attitude of encouragement. Build relationships with customers and peers and work closely with them to influence the design of acceptable solutions.
- Multitask and prioritize requests in a complex, diverse, production environment
- Establish coding & design standards.
Drives innovation in a team environment cross functionally with customers, peers and vendors to improve company efficiency and effectiveness. Maintains in-depth knowledge of applications and technology and participates in the planning, launch and support of new and existing business applications/systems.
- Identify trends and patterns to proactively prevent issues or outages
- Participates in technology alignment to business process automation strategy, technology roadmap, optimum system performance and data integration.
- Keeps abreast of current software development trends and impact to the company.
Create business application solutions that are user friendly, provide appropriate level of data validation, perform optimally and compliment a business process. Identifies deficiencies with complex software and/or application design and determines appropriate corrective action. Responsible for overall application quality; solution definition, application programming and data integration across various enterprise applications.
- Design, develop, implement and deliver solutions in a fast-paced environment and deliver quality results.
- Provide insight into technology, its use and benefits.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, plus 5 years relevant work experience; or 9 years equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.
- Experience with Waterfall, Agile and Scum process frameworks
- Experience working in a manufacturing, retail, or similar wine industry highly desired
- Solid experience of root cause analysis, debugging program code and root cause resolution.
- Excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Excellent cross functional facilitator and large audience speaker
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously while still being able to provide updates on work progress
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS, Azure) experience is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle JD Edwards ERP System & any warehouse management system is a plus
- Experience with any CRM/eCom app like Salesforce or MS Dynamics is a plus
- Working knowledge on IoT Strategy, standards, protocols
Job Description - Senior Developer.docxPage 1 of 2