As part of the Data and Analytics team, the Senior Developer will lead cross functional teams to define, design, develop and deliver business intelligence data solutions to drive insights across the organization. The ideal candidate loves collaborating with stakeholders to solve problems, is comfortable performing data analysis on complex data sets to identify insights, excels at defining data models, has experience designing dashboards and reports, and has a successful track record of building and delivering business solutions. The Data and Analytics developer will be responsible for executing the enterprise analytic strategy by leading design, data modeling, development, implementation and support of mission-critical enterprise Business Intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Lead medium to large complexity departmental and enterprise-wide projects in support of Data & Analytics initiatives.
- Build partnerships with customers, peers and stakeholders and work closely with them to shape and influence the design of acceptable solutions
- Drive innovation with customers, peers and vendors to build data models and improve reporting and analytics efficiency and effectiveness
- Product management and BI Platform alignment to business capability, strategy, business adoption, technology roadmap, system architecture and integrations, and support
- Evaluate data for its application across the company and evangelize the use of it to run and grow our business
- Create data model solutions that are user friendly, scalable, secure, and provide rich data sets to drive action
- Identifies deficiencies with business processes, determine root cause, and provide corrective action.
- Responsible for overall delivery of data models, data self-serve solutions, designing and developing reports and dashboards, ensuring data quality, on boarding customers, training, mentoring super users.
- Collect feedback from business partners on performance of reports, dashboard, and team supported solutions so that issues can be resolved.
- Stay up to date on the latest Data and Analytics trends, processes, and IT advancements to automate, modernize and optimize systems
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or related field, plus 5 years relevant work experience; Master’s degree a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT or relevant work experience, with minimum 3 years of experience as a BI Developer
- Advanced in agile development methodology like SCRUM, full Software Development Life Cycle, versioning and code review
- Solid experience of root cause analysis, debugging program code and root cause resolution.
- Create and maintain documentation to describe technical development and data validation/mapping."
- Ability to successfully participate and lead the execution of large, complex, enterprise-level projects with different teams with diverse personalities
- Must possess creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong business, leadership, and communication skills
- Demonstrated time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Excellent cross functional facilitator.
- Experience working with Microsoft Power BI or any other major BI tool.
- Proficient with Backend-End development technologies
- SQL, DAX,
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, Azure Data Lake
- Expert level data model design capabilities
- Strong technical aptitude, comfortable with general enterprise application configuration and administration and defining data integration needs
- Wine and Spirits industry experience preferred.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Critical features of this job are described in the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. (Reasonable accommodation is defined as any modification or adjustment to a job or work environment that permits a qualified applicant or employee with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.)