Under the general direction of the Assistant Cellarmaster, the Skilled Winery Worker performs a variety of work assignments including racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice and wine. Operates and maintains filter, crush work and is able to direct other crew members. Must be able to add, subtract, divide and multiply. Assignments require work of a physical nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Making chemical additions to juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Safe operation of a forklift to move and stack barrels in the warehouse
- Filling, topping and racking barrels
- Obtaining lab samples
- Fining and filtering juice and wine
- Operating crusher, presses and lees filter
- Assist in equipment maintenance
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
Requires 2 to 3 years prior, relevant cellar experience. Must have ability to communicate effectively with good skills in reading, writing and basic math. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, have a good work ethic, and strong leadership skills. Must be able to work varying shifts and overtime as needed, particularly during the harvest season.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Candidate must successfully complete a post-offer pre-employment drug/physical screening.