Skilled Winery Worker
This position is responsible for a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks in the cellar such as operating crush and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels and topping wine. This position is under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, Winemaker, and Cellar Foreperson.
- Cleaning, sanitizing and sterilizing all winery equipment and facilities
- Racking and pumping juice and wine, moving hoses and equipment
- Forklift operation, moving barrels and case goods
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Perform equipment set-up duties
- Other duties as assigned by the Cellarmaster
- Must be able to perform the work assigned with little or no supervision
- Must be able to operate a hoist, crusher, press, centrifuge, chiller and filter
- May take a lead role during harvest
- Must be able to follow and communicate verbal and written safety and work instructions in English
- This position requires good reading, writing and basic arithmetic skills
- Must be able to work safely around equipment electrical outlets and procedures
- The individual selected for this position must be reliable and possess a good work ethic Must be flexible and able to work any shift and overtime as needed, especially during harvest
- This position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, climb, push and pull hoses, move barrels and regularly lift and carry 50 lbs.
A weekly harvest lunch will also be enjoyed!
All applicants must pass a drug and physical test to be eligible to commence employment.