Position Title: Skilled Cellar Worker
REPORTS TO: Cellarmaster
Under the general direction of the Cellar Master, the Skilled Cellar Worker carries out racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of juice/wine while observing safety and oenological protocols. Operates a variety of cellar equipment including filters and, grape crush equipment. Skilled Cellar Worker seasonally acts as a supervisor to temporary staff during harvest and bottling.
- Cleaning, sanitizing winery equipment and winery
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine; moving hoses and equipment
- Making additions to juice and wine
- Safe operation of a forklift to move and stack barrels in the warehouse
- Filling, topping, and racking barrels; barrel sanitation including steaming
- Obtaining lab samples
- Operating crusher, presses, cross flow, pad and lees filters
- Assist in equipment maintenance, repair hoses
- Follow and observe all safe cellar practices
- Recording volume movements on work orders; ensuring all information is recorded correctly
- Train and supervise seasonal staff during harvest and bottling
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Participating in Winery sustainability efforts
- Communicating effectively with good skills in reading, writing, and basic math.
Requires 2 to 3 years cellar experience working in winery production environment safely around operating equipment, electrical outlets, and chemicals. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, have good work ethic, and attention to detail. Must be able to work varying shifts and overtime as needed, particularly during the harvest season. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.