As part of the Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence team, the Senior Data Analyst will be involved in designing and building the enterprise data warehouse and business intelligence tools to enable decision making and drive insights across all areas of the business.
- Responsible for Data Warehouse development lifecycle including requirements gathering, analysis/problem solving, design data models, ETL - analyze and develop transformation logic, data maps, testing, and deployment.
- Drive requirements gathering, design, development, and adoption of BI solutions. This includes but is not limited to
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Dashboards and KPI development
- Report development and distribution
- Predictive model development
- Security model definition and implementation
- Delivery/communication of insights to stakeholders
- User Training
- Provide oversight and perform data cleansing, categorization, standardization, normalization and integration using standard data modeling methodologies and processes.
- Develop and keep update business critical data catalogs, lineage, and flows.
- Implement and maintain process to monitor and improve data quality.
- Seek opportunities to inject predictive/advanced analytical techniques into processes to drive innovation.
- Ensure best practices are followed in data model design, ETL, and analytics.
- Develop and maintain training materials that support critical business intelligence systems and train individuals and groups as needed.
- Contribute to and support generation of insights and next generation data strategy.
- Build and promote analytics delivery model to include structured and unstructured analytic capabilities.
- Maintain solid understanding of BI market trends including data lakes, big data architecture, IOT, cloud based platforms and how these apply to our organization.
- Support the evolution of the company’s existing data architecture toward a modern big data platform that can scale to support modern data ingestion techniques and accelerated self-serve analytics and data science.
- Work within a team to assist in design, development and maintenance of integrated enterprise business intelligence solutions.
- Promote best practices and procedures to ensure the optimal performance, stability and security of the data warehouse and business intelligence systems.
- Work closely with the business and IT in developing sound Business Intelligence solutions and best practices.
- Leads or participates in writing test plans to validate implementations against the requirements.
- Troubleshoot data issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process improvements.
- End-user support self-service development, reporting and data issue troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Scope, plan, and prioritize multiple projects and objectives in a fast-paced environment and deliver quality results.
- Effectively translate technical information into terminology understood by business users, managers, and key stakeholders.
- Build partnerships and collaborates cross functionally with business functional managers and end users.
- Foster excellent vendor relationship by continuously communicating goals, business vision, and expectations.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, or Data Analyst roles.
- Experience with T-SQL and/or other relational databases.
- Expert level experience writing SQL statements, stored procedures.
- Experience in the requirements gathering, designing, development, and implementation of data warehouses and data marts.
- Data architecture and modeling experience, both relational and multidimensional.
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting, ETL processes.
- Technical experience with data mining and data segmentation techniques.
- Experience gathering requirements, designing, creating, testing and delivering complex reports and dashboards.
- Experience with a modern BI tool.
- Ability to support end-user designed dashboards and reports.
- Willingness to perform off hour production support.
- Must possess creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong business, leadership, and communication skills.
- Able and willing to work under moderate to high pressure to meet deadlines.
- Wine and Spirits industry experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience implementing and managing modern big data platforms preferred.
- Experience with modern data science tools including Python, Scala, R, Java preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Azure data factory preferred.
- Experience with Snowflake and/or SQL Server preferred.
- JD Edwards, SAP Business Objects, Crystal, Microsoft Power BI preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or understand instructions. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, walk, bend, reach with hands and arms, climb and balance. A significant amount of manual dexterity is required. The employee must be able to lift and/or move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.