Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2021, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the seventh year running.
As part of the Production Systems team, the Senior Business Analyst will work with stakeholders and IT to lead initiatives, define business requirements, design, and deliver solutions. The business analyst will be focused in the production systems area working with CMMS, Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), Wine and Grape management system, Vineyard management systems, IOT related systems, and more.
- Lead medium to large complexity departmental and enterprise-wide projects in support of production systems initiatives.
- Build partnerships with customers, peers and stakeholders and work closely with them to shape and influence the design of acceptable solutions
- Drive innovation with customers, peers and vendors to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Product management alignment to business capability strategy, business adoption, technology roadmap, system architecture and integrations
- Evaluate technology for its application in our business and evangelize the use of it to digitize cross-functional business process
- Act on behalf of the business partner as a subject matter expert to ensure product/service performance supports business process needs
- Collect feedback from business partners on application performance and manage complex configurations and resolution of technical architecture issues
- Responsible for overall product quality; formulates test strategies, plans, scripts and performs detailed testing for complex use cases to ensure systems function correctly
- Stay up to date on the trends, processes, and IT advancements to automate, modernize and optimize systems
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Tech, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in IT or relevant work experience, with minimum 3 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- 2+ years Advanced Microsoft skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SDLC, waterfall and scrum/agile project methodologies
- Proficient at requirements management from planning to execution, developing and tracking project requirements
- Ability to successfully participate and lead the execution of large, complex, enterprise-level projects with different teams with diverse personalities
- Create, manage and revise test plans, test scripts and manage defect tracking
- Must possess creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Strong business, leadership, and communication skills
- Demonstrated time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS), Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS), Wine and Grape management system, Vineyard management systems, IOT related systems.
- Strong technical aptitude, comfortable with general enterprise application configuration and administration and defining data integration needs
- Familiar with problem-solving, root-cause, or decision-making techniques
- Wine and Spirits industry experience preferred.