Jackson Family Wines is much more than a family owned wine company. We're risk-taking innovators with a strong belief that quality is paramount. We're always on the lookout for top talent -- individuals who possess a strong work ethic, commitment to quality and share our beliefs in healthy lands and a healthy community. In 2019, we were selected as one of the North Bay Business Journal's Best Places to Work for the fifth year running.
Jackson Family Enterprises is seeking Senior Accountant to join our international finance department. This role take over the major reporting and reconciliation duties for the international operations of the Company, assist the Accounting Manager with month-end closing procedures, prepare financial statement in accordance with relevant US GAAP and International standards, and complete various other accounting tasks.
Financial Close and Reporting
- Perform foreign currency translation of foreign entities’ financial statements and consolidate to the US GAAP financial statements.
- Perform month-end elimination entries for related party transactions entered into during the month.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for International entities’ account reconciliations.
- Collaborate with international controllers to ensure accounts are reconciled and financial statements are accurately reported.
- Maintain domestic copies of local book financial statements.
- Prepare other standard and ad hoc reports as requested by management, including gross margin reports, channel reporting, and Executive Summary reports.
- Prepare supporting schedules and gather supports, as needed, to assist in the transfer pricing calculation between domestic and foreign entities.
- Work with Business Process Improvement director to document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal control.
- Perform audit procedures on account balances on a periodic basis, and document the accounting position of the company in a form of accounting memo for significant transactions and accounts (i.e. other comprehensive income, business combinations).
- Communicate month-end findings to International Accounting Manager with possible solutions, if necessary.
- Help liaise foreign audits and domestic audits by communicating to international controllers and domestic teams the requirements of the respective audits and by preparing audit schedules and supports as needed.
- Assist International Accounting Manager with their requests and questions.
- Prepare reports and schedules necessary to support tax requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent; CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- 4 years of work experience responsible for all variety of accounting/audit functions; financial statement audit experience highly preferred, and from a reputable audit firm a plus.
- Excellent systems skills including ability to structure meaningful Excel reports and supporting analyses; JD Edwards, Great Plains, Xero, Alteryx, or similar accounting software experience preferred
- Willingness and ability to handle all levels of accounting, from basic data entries to high level analysis
- Attention to detail and high organization skills
- Experience working with a high-volume manufacturing company preferred
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams; must have continuous improvement mindset
- Fluent in foreign language (Spanish, Italian, French) a plus