The Security Specialist is an ultra-high level of trust position requiring impeccable integrity. Security Specialists are charged with protecting the personal safety of the Jackson family members, their property and their assets.
- Monitors arrival and departure of guests at specified JFW properties and prevents unauthorized access.
- Patrols properties on and off road by four-wheel drive vehicles, on foot and occasionally as helicopter observers to prevent and detect potential intruders, ensuring the safety of the family, employees and properties.
- Questions those who are on company properties to determine the legitimacy of their presence. If necessary, may affect citizens’ arrests of intruders.
- Responds to and resolves incidents reported to them; off-site security alarm activations at various winery and office facilities in the area.
- Examines company structures for safety and security hazards or risks by vehicle and on foot.
- Maintains accurate written activity logs for submission to supervisor/manger.
- Maintains cleanliness and appearance of their assigned company vehicle.
- Upholds professional appearance by keeping uniform and personal equipment in good condition, free of dirt, wrinkles, rips/tears.
- Attends firearms training and other company mandated training sessions.
- Removes dangerous or nuisance animals as needed (rattlesnakes, feral pigs, etc.) from Company property when necessary.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with family members, staff and residents of the estate neighborhood.
- Occasionally attends meetings with neighbors to discuss security concerns and offers advice/assistance to promote a positive Company image.
- Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with the local law enforcement authorities as they are occasionally called upon to assist them.
- Provides transportation of Family and guests to/from various off-site locations.
- Assists with logistics of vehicle maintenance for all family and Company vehicles; picking up/dropping off vehicles for repair and regular maintenance.
- Assists with the care of Family pets as needed.
- Receives, logs, inspects and distributes parcels. Maintains a positive and professional working relationship with delivery personal.
- Occasionally assists Hospitality with the transportation, greeting and orientation of guests to the property, handles guest luggage.
- Completes various tasks and other duties as assigned. n/a
- Able to work all type of shifts, Morning, Swing and Graveyard Shifts.
- JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
- Experience in law enforcement and/or security preferred.
- Familiarity of the CA Penal Code and Vehicle Code.
- If carrying a firearm, must have a valid BSIS permit for exposed firearm.
- Possess or be able to attain a valid BSIS guard registration card.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation, including pre-placement physical, drug screen and driving history.
- Proven ability to handle confidential, personal and private information.
- Must possess initiative, dedication and acute attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, all shifts and holidays in all weather conditions.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish highly desired.
- Valid CA Driver’s License.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to walk in rough terrain.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.