ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the Security Operations Center.
- Trains 3rd party security specialists to meet any of our special needs
- Performs day to day reviews of patrol reports and works with operations to remedy avoidable risk exposures.
- Manages the enterprise’s Access Control Systems, Surveillance Systems & Intrusion Detection Systems (exclusions: Alexander Mountain Estate & International Properties).
- Manage the issuance of key cards/FOBs.
- Manage the development, implementation and continuous refinement of physical/facilities security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security protocols.
- Perform security and risk assessments of all vineyards and facilities.
- Evaluate the health of existing security equipment and provide recommendations to management.
- Perform unmanned air systems surveillance.
- Maintain relationships with, and serve as the main point of contact for, state, local, federal and international law enforcement and other public agencies.
- Work closely with other functional leaders and contractors regarding the interaction of security and facilities issues.
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to internal investigations of any losses or violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
- Plan, develop and conduct security training programs for company employees and third party vendors in compliance with the California Bureau of Security & Investigative Services (BSIS)
- Routinely audit guard certifications and minimum insurance requirements.
- Work with the Information Technology Department to support the overall security of the company's computer systems and data.
- Take an active leadership role within the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity (DRBC) Team.
- Oversee security planning and coverage for major events.
- Develop and oversee programs to address travel risk issues.
- At the direction of the VP Governance/Security Director performs the duties of an Executive Protection Specialist. Persons protected may include owners, family members, executive staff, or any other person as directed.
- Performs security standby during potential hostile terminations.
- Schedules and coordinates ongoing certification training as necessary.
- Conducts routine Inventory management (radios, batteries, uniforms, vehicle supplies, office supplies) and replenishes stock as necessary.
REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
3rd Party Security Specialists & Specialty Vendors
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
All are “required” unless otherwise indicated.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Valid California Driver’s License.
- Valid California Guard Card.
- Valid California Licensed Private Investigator (preferred).
- FAA Remote Pilot Certification (preferred).
- First Aid Certification.
- CPR Certification.
- AED Certification.
- Solid working knowledge of the California Penal Code and Vehicle Code.
- Clear driving record with no criminal convictions.
- Must be able to pass a thorough background investigation, including a pre-placement physical and drug screen.
- Ability to handle confidential, personal and private information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, all shifts and holidays in all weather conditions.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to travel nationally (Primarily Santa Barbara County to Lake
- and internationally for extended periods. (preferred)
- Ability to walk in rough terrain.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.