Seasonal Winery Worker - Stonestreet Estate Vineyards
Join the Stonestreet Estate Vineyards Production Team for the 2022 harvest! Located in Alexander Valley, we source our fruit from world-class estate vineyards in Sonoma County to produce primarily Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc wines. Other varieties we work with include Semillon, Syrah, Petite Syrah, Petit Verdot, Riesling, Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet Franc and Pinot Noir. We focus on producing high quality single vineyard designate wines maintaining separation of each vineyard block, showcasing the unique characteristics of each one.
Successful candidates will be exposed to a wide range of tasks and learning a variety of ultra-premium winemaking techniques. We are seeking team-oriented, hardworking, self-starters with a high attention to detail.
Under the general direction of the Cellarmaster, the seasonal winery workers are responsible for the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Cleaning, sanitizing, and sterilizing all winery equipment and facility
- Red fermentation management – pump overs, punch downs, rack & returns, temperatures
- Racking and pumping of juice and wine
- Moving hoses and equipment
- Making chemical and nutrient additions to juice and wine
- Barrel Work including filling, topping, stirring and racking
- Obtaining lab samples from tanks and barrels
- Operating crush pad equipment
- Forklift operation moving barrels and bins
- Following and observing all safe cellar practices
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Use senses to detect problems or off-odors
We are looking for team players wanting to learn more about the winemaking process in a fun, fast-paced environment. We provide weekly harvest lunches and safety incentives.
Background and Experience:
Prior winery and vineyard experience and/or education in related field preferred. Must have ability to communicate effectively in English with good skills in reading, writing, and basic math. Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets, and chemicals. Individuals selected for this position must be reliable, detail-oriented, and have good work ethic. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and overtime as needed particularly during the harvest season. Must be able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.