Matanzas Creek Winery is pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join our Hospitality team. Matanzas offers a wide variety of guest experiences at our beautiful estate in Bennett Valley.
The busser position primarily clears and resets tables and bars in a speedy, professional, and effective manner. This position is also responsible for supporting tasting room staff with water refills, food preparation and polishing and restocking glassware at service stations. This is a temporary position with a duration of six months from date of hire.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the general direction and direct supervision of the Tasting Room Manager, the Busser is responsible for the following:
• Clear tables and bar after guests leave. Take glasses and tableware to kitchen and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
• Conduct and present oneself that is consistent with a high-touch, luxury experience
• Promptly clean table tops, chairs and tasting bar. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletops.
• Inspect restrooms every 30 minutes and clean/restock as needed.
• Walk Grounds every hour for glassware and property cleanliness
• Prepare and serve cheese tastings and other edibles for guests
• Respond appropriately to guest requests, communicate guest requests to servers/manager immediately.
• Restock merchandise and collateral materials as needed
• Assist with pre/post shift setup/cleanup.
• Answers phone and assists guests with reservations
• Contribute to a positive, collaborative team atmosphere
• Assist with packing of wine for guests and assist guests to their vehicle with their purchase
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
• Previous experience in a restaurant or a restaurant-like setting preferred
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Possess a flexible schedule and able to work evenings & weekends.
• Must be age 21 or over
• Stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Lift and move up to 50 pounds (a case of wine)
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Comfortable and skillful with kitchen knives and food handling