Collects grape berry and cluster samples from various vineyards for the purpose of measuring sugar (degrees brix) and delivers those samples to wine laboratories for analysis.
This position is a seasonal position hired only during the Vineyard Harvest Season (generally between mid-July through the end of October or early November).
- Collecting grape samples from a large variety of vineyards.
- Delivering samples to the local winery lab for analysis in a timely manner.
- Recording and reporting results of lab analyses to Grower Relations Representative
- Previous sampling a plus as well as map reading abilities and local geographical knowledge.
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- Must have own vehicle and clean DMV record.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop and kneel, and be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and must be willing to work the entire harvest season.
- Must be able to pass a physical, drug examination and show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.