Our new, state of the art Jackson Family Winery is located in the heart of Oregon’s Willamette Valley, McMinnville. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir, and Chardonnay from some of the most premier vineyard sites in Oregon.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a silly winemaking duo, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Red fermentation management – punch downs, pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures.
- Press operation.
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations.
- Cleaning, sanitization and the use of all cellar equipment.
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and emptying.
- Racking, transferring and pumping juice and wine.
- Obtaining samples and helping the lab when required.
- Working safely in a team environment and following all SOP’s.
- Positive can do attitude and excellent joke telling skills
- Previous harvest experience is a must and degree in winemaking is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long, flexible hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
- Forklift experience a plus
- Must be able to commit to working mid-September through late-November
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance will be provided in helping to find housing. Some harvest meals provided.
Lab positions also available.