This position is a member of the Kendall-Jackson Wine Estate and Gardens team reporting to the Direct to Consumer Operations Manager and is responsible for the general care and upkeep of the property. In addition to general service and maintenance responsibilities, this position supports DTC / Hospitality personnel in the movement, set-up, breakdown / removal and maintenance of hospitality equipment and supplies for activities and events as needed. On occasion this position may also support the Property Maintenance Department with labor or special project tasks. Must have flexibility with weekend days and schedule.
Seasonal Role starting in May 2021 through November 2021. Potential for opportunity to stay on as a Regular Part-Time position.
- Maintains public and private areas including gathering spaces, landscape/hardscape areas, roadways, pathways, and parking areas, keeping them clear of trash, weeds, standing water or any other nuisances/obstacles to ongoing use
- Performs general repairs to facilities and equipment as needed, including but not limited to minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical, masonry, carpentry, cleaning (including power washing), painting, or other services, as needed
- Responsible for assisting in the set-up, breakdown / removal, maintenance, cleaning and storage of support equipment and supplies for onsite activities and events, including but not limited to large special events tents, smaller canopies, artwork, draperies, tables, chairs, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and orderliness of equipment storage areas
- Performs general support duties to onsite DTC / hospitality staff members, movement of supplies and equipment or materials as required, supporting special landscape, hardscape or improvement projects, general labor, etc.
- Performs certain administrative responsibilities as identified and required by either the DTC Property Manager or onsite personnel
- Ability to work occasional overtime and after hours or on-call, back-up and/or emergency shifts.
- Cooperative/adaptable and able to work on various properties with different people, groups, and settings, at times under higher stress deadlines
- Willing to be flexible, multitask and cooperate and work with teams
- Responsible for alerting supervisor of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur
- Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal laws and guidelines
- Ability to maintain professional decorum in an office or special event environment
- Other duties as assigned