Position Description: Seasonal Laboratory Analyst I
Reports to: Laboratory Supervisor or Manager
The individual in this position of Seasonal Laboratory Analyst I will be an important member of the laboratory team. This position requires attention and adherence to laboratory quality requirements, support of quality initiatives, teamwork, professionalism and demonstrated work ethic. As a seasonal position, many of the duties will be centered around harvest activities including sampling and monitoring fermentations.
- Perform quality work in a fast‑paced, team‑oriented environment.
- Follow laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures and safety protocols.
- Perform daily checks and calibrations for safety equipment and laboratory instrumentation.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory.
- Assist in routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Effectively perform routine laboratory analyses.
- Assist with routine wine trials as requested by winemaking.
- Prepare samples and standardize reagents.
- Enter analytical results into the database.
- Contribute to and maintain high standards for quality assurance and quality control.
- Obtain sample from barrels and tanks.
- Perform Brix & temperature in a timely manner
- Degree or coursework in Enology, Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio a plus).
- Availability to work overtime and flexibility to work varying shifts.
Additional Experience or Qualifications Preferred:
- Spanish language skills.
- Prior production experience in a wine lab environment.
- Knowledge of wine chemistry, wine microbiology, wine quality, sensory and winemaking.
- Possession of time‑management, project management, statistics and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in evaluating equipment.
This position requires continuous standing throughout the shift for operating and moving throughout the laboratory. Occasionally requires to reach with hands and arms, fine manipulation, sit, walk to perform daily checks and calibrations for safety equipment and laboratory instrumentation, participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory, assist in routine preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment, effectively perform routine laboratory analyses, assist with routine wine trials as requested by winemaking, prepare samples and standardize reagents and enter analytical results into the database. It occasionally requires the ability to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift and move up to 35 pounds of weight when obtaining samples from barrels and tanks, performing inspection on packaging materials and packaging audits.
Candidate must successfully complete an application and post-offer pre-employment drug test.