Under the general direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Harvest Laboratory Technician will daily prepare samples, perform the juices, musts, fermenting wines/finished wines routine analyses, and report data into our data management systems (LIMS and BIMS). This position requires the ability to follow directions safely, accurately, and in a timely manner. This position could last until January 31, 2021.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform ripeness analysis on incoming vineyard samples
- Prepare and analyze samples in a timely manner
- Log samples and record results in spreadsheets and database (LIMS/BIMS)
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentation's daily
- Collect representative samples from tanks and barrels during primary malolactic fermentation
- Communicate effectively with manager, laboratory staff, and other teams
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Participate in lab general housekeeping
- Understand hazardous material and safety procedures
Science degree or previous lab experience is preferred, This position requires strong organizational skill, excellent oral communication and attention to detail. work with computers, and follow safety and procedures is required. Capable to work in a team environment, various shifts, and flexible hours including weekend and overtime.
Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of weight. Must successfully complete post-offer pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.