Under the direction of the Lab Supervisor, the harvest lab intern will perform routine wine and juice analysis on both fermenting and finished wines, take daily brix and temp samples, report data in online databases and participate in general lab housekeeping. This position requires the ability to follow directions safely, accurately and in a timely manner. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with winemaking and cellar teams as well as a variety of brands such as Cardinale, Freemark Abbey, Lokoya, La Jota, Mount Brave, Bootleg, Arrowood as well as custom crush clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Follow lab S.O.P.’s as well as adhere to all winery safety protocols
- Preparation of samples
- Effectively and efficiently perform routine wine analyses as well as communicating results to the appropriate teams
- Log all samples and results to online databases BIMS and LIMS
- Perform all related harvest work such as monitoring tank and barrel fermentations
- Obtain accurate samples from tanks and barrels
- Be able to communicate and work well with supervisor, other lab staff as well as other departments
- Participate in lab general housekeeping as well as ensuring the cleanliness of the lab
Previous winery/lab experience is preferred. This position requires excellent oral and written communication, computer, and organizational skills. Availability to work flexible shifts and overtime during harvest is required.
Required to stand for long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight. Must successfully complete post-offer pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.