The individual in this position of Seasonal Laboratory Analyst I will be an important member of the laboratory team. This position requires attention and adherence to laboratory quality requirements, support of quality initiatives, teamwork, professionalism and demonstrated work ethic. As a seasonal position, many of the duties will be centered around harvest activities including sampling and monitoring fermentations.
- Perform quality work in a fast‑paced, team‑oriented environment.
- Follow laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures and safety protocols.
- Perform daily checks and calibrations for safety equipment and laboratory instrumentation.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the laboratory.
- Effectively perform routine laboratory analyses.
- Prepare samples and standardize reagents.
- Log in samples and enter analytical results into the database (BIMS, LIMS)
- Contribute to and maintain high standards for quality assurance and quality control.
- Obtain sample from barrels and tanks.
- Perform Brix & temperature in a timely manner
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and laboratory staff.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Science degree or previous lab experience in winery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Availability to work overtime and flexibility to work varying shifts.
Additional Experience or Qualifications Preferred:
- Spanish language skills.
- Prior production experience in a wine lab environment
- Required to stand long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 35 pounds of weight.