Under the general direction of the Laboratory Manager, the Harvest Laboratory Technician will daily prepare samples, perform the juices, musts, fermenting wines/finished wines routine analyses, and report data into our data management systems (LIMS and BIMS). This position requires the ability to follow directions safely, accurately, and in a timely manner. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with the winemaking and cellar teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare reagents, and standards
- Prepare and analyze samples in a timely manner
- Log samples and record results in spreadsheets and database (LIMS/BIMS)
- Monitor tank and barrel fermentations as requested
- Collect representative samples from tanks and barrels
- Communicate effectively with manager, laboratory staff, and other teams
- Perform routine laboratory equipment maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Participate in lab general housekeeping
- Understand hazardous material and safety procedures
Science degree or previous lab experience is preferred, as well as a background in Enology, chemistry or biochemistry. This position requires strong organizational skill, excellent oral communication and attention to detail. Ability to read and interpret cellar work orders, work with computer, and follow safety and procedures is required. Capable to work in a team environment, various shifts, and flexible hours including weekend and overtime.
Required to stand long periods of time, occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and able to lift and move up to 50 pounds of weight. Must successfully complete post-offer pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.