Carneros Hills Winery is located in the picturesque Carneros region of Sonoma Valley in sunny California. We have a recently renovated mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, but also utilizing our small batch equipment for the production of specialized small lots of Bordeaux varieties.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a young winemaking team, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities:
- Red fermentation management – punch downs, pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations.
- Cleaning, sanitation and the use of all cellar equipment.
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and emptying.
- Racking, transferring and pumping juice and wine.
- Obtaining samples and helping the lab when required.
- Working safely in a team environment and following all SOP’s.
- Special projects and experiments as required
- Previous harvest experience is a must and degree in winemaking is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance will be provided in helping to find housing. A weekly harvest lunch will also be enjoyed. Offer of any position is contingent upon successful completion of post-offer/pre-employment testing.