Winery Harvest Interns
CARNEROS HILLS WINERY
Carneros, Sonoma Valley, CA.
Carneros Hills Winery is located in the picturesque Carneros region of Sonoma Valley in sunny California. We are a mid-sized winery specializing in the production of premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.
We have a diverse and extremely passionate team led by a versatile winemaking duo, and are looking for individuals to join us for the upcoming harvest. If you are a hardworking, energetic, fun-loving wine enthusiast that enjoys working in a team environment we would love to hear from you.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Red fermentation management – punch downs, pump overs, rack & returns, temperatures
- Additions – yeast, acid, nutrients including calculations.
- Cleaning, sanitization and the use of all cellar equipment.
- Barrel work – filling, cleaning, racking and emptying.
- Racking, transferring and pumping juice and wine.
- Obtaining samples and helping the lab when required.
- Working safely in a team environment and following all SOP’s.
- Previous harvest experience is a must and degree in winemaking is favorable
- Effective communication skills in English
- The ability to work long hours through busy harvest time
- Ability to lift 50lbs as required
The successful applicant must provide their own transportation and some assistance will be provided in helping to find housing. A weekly harvest lunch will also be enjoyed.