Join the La Crema Winery Team for Harvest 2023! We are located in the heart of the Russian River Valley of Northern California with over 40 years of history producing acclaimed Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. More recently, we added Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris to the portfolio making La Crema winery a great place to learn the fundamentals of winemaking. We pride ourselves in our hands on approach to winemaking that results in remarkable wines.
Under the general direction of the Winemaker, this position will provide technical and supervisory support to the winemaking team during harvest.
- Assist in organizing cellar operations, specifically punch down and pump over scheduling.
- Support the winemaking team with work order writing and data entry.
- Implement technical and research programs and ensure that all procedural and quality control measures are adhered to.
- Assist Winemaker in maintaining accurate computer records for all internal wine movements and inventories.
- Arrange and participate in regular sensory evaluation trials.
- Special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Background and Experience:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Enology, Fermentation Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field.
- Experience in laboratory/wine production required. Supervisory experience and knowledge of current viticulture research and literature preferred.
- Well organized, detail oriented, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and with others at all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Word and Excel are required.
- The position requires the ability to stand for long periods of time, occasionally reach with hands and arms, occasionally sit, walk, climb, stoop, or kneel, as well as be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to provide proof of ability to work in the United States.
$20 - $22 - $24 per hour
At Jackson Family Wines, we respect, celebrate, and take pride in each other’s differences. Together we nurture a culture that embraces fairness, acceptance and belonging. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion drive our best innovation, enrich our employees, and connect us to our customers and global community. We aspire to evolve in our commitment for a better future and one that is rooted for good.
This job requisition and salary range are effective as of January 1st, 2023. All company job requisitions prior to January 1st, 2023 are null and void.